Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 7 – From St. Paul to Wheeling

Route: From St. Paul (MN) to Wheeling (IL), 437 miles

The weather forecast was not very favorable. High eighties in both St. Paul and Chicago. I decided to leave as early as I could. My mother later told me that an hour after I left there was a thunderstorm with hail.

The weather was actually not bad most of the day. It was cloudy, and the temperatures didn’t rise above low seventieth. However the last 3-4 hours were really brutal.

During the entire trip I used my credit card 18 times to buy gas in Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and Canada. But on the 19th time, when I stopped at a BP gas station in Savana IL, Citi decided to block my account. There's something wrong with the algorithm they use.


I made it home by dinner time. Overall, it was a great trip - good weather, fun camping, smooth roads, and breathtaking scenery.

No comments: