Sunday, May 23, 2010

2010 Rides

The new riding season has already arrived, but I’m nowhere close to finalizing the rides for this year. So far I came up with three:  1,800 mile ride to Kentucky, 3,500 mile trip to New England, and a 5,000 mile ride to Montana.  

The trip to New England will take a couple of weeks.  Howard is enthusiastic about it, but I’m not sure I can take two weeks off from work.  The Montana trip is purely a dream.  I’m afraid it will have to wait until I retire.

This leaves Kentucky.  Here’s the route (color pins represent scenic rides from William Kappele’s book Scenic Driving Kentucky).    It includes 17 roads out of 36 described in the book.

Kentucky

The same route displayed in Google Maps:

Days 1, 2, & 3:  Chicago - Elizabethtown - Danville - Harlan 

Day 4:  Harlan - Paintsville

Days 5 & 6:  Paintsville - Cincinnati - Chicago

No comments: